Job Ref: 19789/MC
Salary: £18,000 - £23,000 per annum
Leading Financial Services company have a great opportunity for a graduate trainee. The role will be working within the Testing division where the candidate will gain technical and business knowledge of the company, its products and full software development lifecycle.
This role offers excellent opportunities for career progression into senior testing roles or move into Business Analysis or project Management. The training will be to support the candidate’s career growth in the direction of their choice.
The candidate will receive training and be involved in all aspects of the testing function from Application Testing, Test Preparation and Execution. In detail you will be responsible for:
Testing of Applications:
• Produce Test Cases and Test Scripts against Specifications, monitoring change using Traceability Matrices to ensure that full test coverage is in place.
• Assist with the creation of Test Plans and test data for all testing projects.
• Ensure that systems are fully system tested in accordance with company standards.
• Ensure that all test documentation created adheres to the Divisional Test Strategy and the signed off Test Plans for the Project.
• Write detailed test conditions and test scripts using company standards, toolsets and templates.
• Produce any other documentation agreed with the Test Manager / Test Leads.
• Execute test scripts in accordance with the test plans.
• Accurately record and store test results against expected results.
• Log and track faults and assist with initial investigation.
• Ensure successful delivery and that the conclusion of all testing activities meets the stated deadline.
• Produce user and system documentation to meet company standards, ensuring ease of use and maintainable systems.
• Contribute to the investigation and solution of project or client support problems.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a methodical mind-set and a willingness and desire to focus on detail. The individual must be quality and performance driven in their mind-set and attitude to tasks and workload. You should display an ability to prioritise their workload and display competent time management skills and must display high levels of communication skills both written and verbal. You will use your excellent inter-personal skills to build relationships across the wider IT department and with colleagues and customer and have the capacity and aptitude to work at a detailed level and multi-task where necessary.
Educated to degree level having achieved a 2:1 or higher
It is desirable you have gained work experience or placement in an IT department
Candidates should have some understanding of how an IT department supports the business and actively want to contribute to this.
Should you be interested in this position, please submit your CV.
Want to apply for this position?
Fill in your details and attach a copy of your CV below and send it to us.