CHANNEL MANAGER | DIGITAL TV
Our client is an international digital TV channel offering a wide variety of entertainment, life style and sport. To strengthen their team we are looking for an experienced
CHANNEL MANAGER | DIGITAL TV
Purpose of the job:
As Channel Manager Digital TV, you will be responsible for defining the content strategy and programming of the digital TV channel, as well as for exploring possible new distribution channels – both as syndication to third party media and as direct-to-consumer distribution.
The overall scope of your responsibilities will be content-oriented and business and audience development.
You will work in close cooperation with the web portal, to ensure the best synergy between the content of the two products. You will rely on shared resources in order to manage the day-to-day programming and optimisation. The position reports directly to the Head of Channel Management of the web portal.
- Define content strategy, identifying content needs, new formats or licenses. Commission internally or externally. Acquire programmes based on the content strategy and positioning
- Maximise the distribution channels, both identifying new direct-to-consumers channels and potential media partners and defining case by case the most suitable business model in coordination with the web portal’s Channel Management and in cooperation with the Sales and Business Development Department.
- Create and update annual, monthly and daily programming schedules for the TV channel and various distribution outlets:
- Selection and development of strategic programme highlights
- Supervision and planning of all VoD content for platforms
- Screening and selection of licensed programmes
- Coordination of broadcast material and implementation of licensing rights
- Determine commissions, acquisitions, programme planning and programme inventory optimization
- Define the programming schedule, in close cooperation with the other channel manager
- Work closely with the analytics team to monitor and analyse research information and industry trends. In addition to that, monitoring competitors and creating competition reports
- Close cooperation with product development in order to enhance and optimise the user experience
- Troubleshoot and provide feedback, guidance and solutions for product development plans
- A master’s degree or equivalent (preferably in media or communication sciences)
- Experience in the web & mobile sector (production, programming, content distribution) with an international media company or in a comparable position of a digital TV Channel
- The ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- A passion for digital TV and profound knowledge of the digital media industry
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to manage on-sight and remote teams in order to deliver agreed objectives
- Great communication and presentation skills – able to leverage all information available to build a complex product
- Fluent in German & English
If you are interested in this challenging position and enjoy working in an international and fast-paced team environment, please submit your CV to NAKAMA GERMANY at [email protected]
For more information contact Nicole Gröschner at NAKAMA GERMANY – Telephone: +49 89 1800 6150.
Email: [email protected]