Senior Designer – E-Commerce London £35-45k
This well known global brand are recruiting a new senior designer to join the online team. This is an opportunity to step into feasible amounts of team mentoring and management whilst work on some very interesting design solutions. Your key responsibilities are to ensure an excellent standard of quality is executed across all areas of design for the interactive media department.
The split of the role includes:
Design and Art-Direction 40%, here you maintain and work on any major update or change to the homepages , working in a cross-functional team you will be a main point of contact for lead content and broadcast colleagues internally. Your role will include dealing with internal supply such as product, photography and working with social media strategists to execute new channels of communication. 20% of this role includes design leadership responsibilities - making the decision on product design across web and mobile, ensuring brand guidelines are clear and worked on, that you are the driving force in any user experience issues or improvements the sites and marketing portals may need. You should be highly interested in the brand competitors and enjoy keeping up with the latest trends and development in online/e-commerce outside of this role.
On application for this role you will require a strong online portfolio and I can supply full benefits of working with this team, the culture and work you are likely to produce. Here are some of the key criteria for consideration:
Degree or equivalent in graphic design or other related subject
• Expert in graphic design, layout and typography; a flair for imaginative and compelling commercial design
• Experience as a senior/lead designer in an internet retail environment.
• Experience directing the work of designers to ensure a high standard of design
• Experience in helping to train/develop designers preferable
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate work to meet tight publication deadlines and style guidelines with fast content turnover
• Strong experience and evidence of creating compelling design for multiple platforms, but web experience essential
• Expert user of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Dreamweaver
• Strong Mac & PC literacy; including MS Office
• Prior experience of creating interaction and IA deliverables such as site maps and design documentation
• Experience of XHTML, CSS, JS and ability to hand code
• An understanding of web 2.0 technologies, accessibility standards and browser compatibility
• Prior experience of working with content management systems, blogging software and templates
• Avid attention to detail
• A pro-active and positive attitude
• Good team and interpersonal skills
• Commitment to Excellence
• Problem Solving
Email: [email protected]