Job Ref: BD 19818
Nakama are currently working in partnership with a global humanitarian change NGO to recruit a talented and experienced Digital Manager to push their digital strategies to the next level. You will manage the Digital Team and ensure effective strategy, delivery and evaluation of all digital activities. This includes the website, community engagement and all social media platforms.
o Develop and implement digital strategies to enhance our clients brand, strengthen and promote our core messaging among our target audiences, increase community engagement, and achieve our communications goals.
o Oversee the creation of innovative, targeted and impactful digital content, optimising coverage and reach of our clients work in online media.
o Work with other Teams to integrate digital communications into workplans, wherever it will add value
o In consultation with Senior Management, steer new website developments – prioritise requirements, choose application and suppliers
o Use website analytics and insights to identify, advocate for and implement improvements to the web and social media content and strategy.
o Manage the licences, development and upgrades of the digital technical platforms, including responsibility for general housekeeping
o Oversee management of digital media archive
o Manage and inspire Digital colleagues, including the development and supervision of workplans, objectives and professional growth
o Manage relationships and budgets with key third party digital suppliers/agencies
o Proactively build and manage relationships with a wide range of partners to develop content and optimise our reach among target audiences.
o Keep abreast of development in the digital arena, share information and identify new digital opportunities and be a digital champion for the organisation.
• A dynamic self-motivator with a strong record of working in digital
• Education level: a degree or equivalent standard of education
• Excellent organisational skills
• Experience in managing a team, particularly mentoring and empowering staff
• Experience of web content planning, creation and publication, preferably in a campaigning and/or business environment.
• Ability to create and implement effective online strategies to build audiences and promote interaction in support of organisational objectives.
• Experience of managing social media platforms and their use in advocacy and/or campaigning.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Ability to produce or coordinate video and/or multi-media package.
• Keen eye for good design.
• Website content management experience, ideally with Drupal CMS.
• Ability to deliver workable, creative and effective solutions to technical and design problems.
• Ability to build, nurture and manage productive relationships and partnerships with individuals and organisations.
• Experience of managing digital projects from inception to delivery, including budget management and impact evaluation.
• Up-to-date knowledge of latest website and online management ‘best practices’, including analytics, SEO, usability and accessibility issues.
• Experience of managing multilingual content and platforms (desirable).
• Shows an understanding and knowledge of international development and advocacy work and is able to work effectively with it (desirable)
• Leadership and judgement to inspire, manage and develop individuals, taking account of other people’s skills and priorities
• Supports a culture of mutual respect, trust and transparency
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be a success within this role then please do not hesitate to apply now or call Benn Davey on 0203 008 2497
For more information regarding this role please contact Benn Davey at our London office.
Want to apply for this position?
Fill in your details and attach a copy of your CV below and send it to us.