MANAGING DIRECTOR GERMANY | DISPLAY ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS
Real-time, direct response display advertising is in a phase of major growth, with spend projected to overtake search by 2015. The skills, infrastructure and technology required for this shift are brand new and dramatically different from what is known to date. With one of the world’s most advanced big data infrastructures, our client is en route to becoming the de facto solution for targeted advertising, bringing huge opportunity for innovation and creation to every role, at every level.
To establish their team in Germany we are looking for a
MANAGING DIRECTOR GERMANY
Objectives of the role:
Our client is looking for a Managing Director for the start up of the German marketplace—an ambitious, well networked individual with a strong sales background, specifically in online display or performance advertising. As this will be the company’s first hire in establishing the German marketplace, the candidate must work in a fast paced manner to establish multiple facets of the company’s operations.
At the outset the Managing Director will be doing the initial selling in the German marketplace. This means the individual must have excellent agency and marketer relations, incorporating those at both the most senior levels as well as their direct reports.
In short time, he or she will be asked to build and run a sales organization. Therefore the candidate needs to be strong in all facets of the business: recruiting, managing, motivating and developing high quality teams and will have the responsibilities for the development of the sales process and culture, driving the sales strategy and executing the business plan.
The MD will be responsible for continuing the success of the company’s European operations. The role will report to the UK General Manager, who is responsible for the growth of the business in Europe.
- Drive a solid business and commercial strategy to roll out across Germany
- Execute on that plan and set up a key position on the German market
- Grow, manage and develop the sales and client service teams
- Sell and negotiate commercial contracts across the digital landscape at the most senior levels
- Close local and central collaboration with the support team in the UK
- Strong management and leadership skills, with proven success in hiring, managing & leading high level teams
- Real track record in online ad sales-display or performance
- Demonstrated commercial leadership—both the tactics and strategy of developing a business
- Have extensive experience in growing, managing and developing sales and client service teams
- Passion and interest in Ad Tech and real-time media
- Understanding of Networks, Exchanges, DSP’s, SSP’s and Trading Desks
- Entrepreneurial ambitions – high degree of self-motivation
- Analytical skills and a good sense of numbers; strong commercial leader
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Fluent English
If you are interested in this challenging management position and enjoy working in an international and fast-paced environment, please submit your CV to NAKAMA GERMANY at [email protected].