INTERNATIONAL ONLINE CHANNEL MANAGER
Our client is a global media partner across all relevant media channels and products. It offers a variety of media content in fun and sports and holds business opportunities in fields of TV, Print and Digital Media with fresh and innovative media content. To strengthen their international team we are looking for an experienced
INTERNATIONAL ONLINE CHANNEL MANAGER
Purpose of the job:
The Web Channel Manager will be responsible for defining and executing the content strategy of the defined channel. In this role, the Channel Manager will develop and coordinate a team of web editors that will curate the content in multiple language versions. In addition to the editorial responsibility, the Channel Manager will be in charge to identify and implement all initiatives aimed at increasing the audience reach and driving traffic to the site: marketing, promotion, media partnership agreements.
- Defines and manages the content of the skateboard channel: editorial strategy, content, formats and content plan
- Defines content requirements: multimedia content production (internally and / or with external producer), in alignment with budgets and resources.
- Manage the day-to‐day content schedule and coordinates editors, freelancers, and other contributors for each language version of the skateboard channel
- Channel Marketing: manages all marketing initiatives around the Channel – SEM, sponsorships, content syndication agreements, co‐branded initiatives among others
- Contract Management: negotiates, runs and monitors all contracts managed at single channel level.
- Budget Management and Monitoring: keeps control of the assigned budget ensuring proper monitoring and timely alerting on any deviation from assigned targets.
- Advises on site developments and improvements and define all necessary frontend and backend requirements to achieve the best user experience through excellent content
- Minimum 3 years experience in a content related Web Portal or in the digital department of renowned special interest Sport Magazines with proven experience in managing a section, channel or magazine as Content Manager and/or Channel Manager
- International experience is preferable; ideally experience on web portals and magazines with international scope and/or professional experience in more than one country
- Experience in online media is mandatory: digital media departments of media/publishing companies or online players.
- The ideal candidate has practical knowledge of the core scene related to the channel, and can leverage on her/his networking for scouting content, business opportunities and evaluating the competitive scenario
- Education is relevant only in case of less experienced professionals: media studies are preferable, but not mandatory.
- Digital Content Management
- Demonstrated success in meeting audience/traffic goals and performance
- Hands‐on knowledge of web publishing platforms / content management systems (CMS)
- Budgeting and business planning adequate knowledge (not at corporate level)
- Strong decision-maker and problem solver
- MS Office skills as well as other individual production and editing tools
- Knowledge of Internet KPI’s including page views, unique users, click-through and the ability to analyse and extrapolate reportings from such data.
- Knowledge of HTML and an awareness of the latest Internet technologies is an asset
- Excellent command of English and working knowledge of one of the following languages: German, Spanish, French, Portuguese
If you are interested in this challenging position and enjoy working in an international and fast-paced team environment, please submit your CV to NAKAMA GERMANY at [email protected].
For more information contact Nicole Gröschner at NAKAMA GERMANY
Telephone: +49 89 1800 6150
Email: [email protected]