CHIEF SOFTWARE ARCHITECT | WEB PORTAL
Our client is a service centre for a group of very successful Internet companies and start-ups. From its head office in Munich the company currently supports 9 partner companies in (Online) Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, Customer Service, Finance, HR and Business Intelligence with a team of more than 100 people from over 40 nationalities. The company operates in 35 countries and 17 languages. To support one of their partner companies we are looking for a
CHIEF SOFTWARE ARCHITECT
In this role you will be the technical middleman between IT and Product Management to facilitate between business and IT. You will successfully increase the technical knowledge of the IT team in terms of software architecture. Furthermore you will enable the tech teams to make the right technical decision for future growth and change. The position is reporting to the Head of IT.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the technical vision including technical product strategy, prototyping, design, implementation, testing and monitoring
- Define and develop system level architecture, system decomposition, and functional requirements allocation
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to the engineering team
- Responsibility for technical quality of the product, including quick issue identification and resolution irrespective of time
- Nurture software architecture team providing space and support for continued growth, and challenge the decisions made against technical and business needs
- Define and develop system level requirements applying lean/agile requirements methodologies
- Conduct independent technical investigations in systems design
- Studies in IT with focus on software engineering/development
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on, professional experience in desiging, building and maintaining highly scalable, large scale and high traffic web applications
- A proven track record of analyzing, designing, testing and implementing mission-critical web applications
- Extensive expertise in software design standards and methodologies (multi-tier architecture, performance, scalability, reliability and security)
- Excellent knowledge of standard software development methodologies (Agile/XP, etc.) including analysis, design, development, testing, and code review phases of project lifecycle
- Experience in working with Java is a must; Know how of Scrum, Kanban and Grails or Mongo Databases a plus
- Strong leadership and communication skills, attention to detail, leading by example
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
- Fluent in English; No German skills required!
- First experience in working with teams abroad
We can offer you the chance to join a leading Internet company located right in the heart of Munich. You will be working in an entrepreneurial, results driven environment where fast decision making and flat hierarchical structures ensure your ideas are heard, and you quickly have the opportunity to assume responsibilities and grow professionally. The office houses very international, dynamic and sociable teams that are often getting together for staff dinners, parties and days out as well as working hard to drive the success of the company.
Please submit your CV and anything else – blog, profile, portfolio you think we’d like to see to NAKAMA at [email protected] .
Email: [email protected]